Search

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Toure: Pressure is good for us

Côte d’Ivoire are now among the favourites at South Africa 2010. Do you think you will be able to handle the pressure and live up to expectations?(Laughs) People see us as the best team in Africa, that is pressure on its own. I don’t really want to say we will win the World Cup, but our intentions obviously are to win the competition. But I think we should take it one step at a time, we shouldn’t think ahead of ourselves. The media will always have its favourites, we don’t have to base our thinking and our belief on that. We know what we can do, we know what we can achieve. We have been gelling well as a team, we are now playing as a collective. In 2006, we had the hunger, but we lacked experience. Another thing is, we were given a tough group. We don’t know who will be our opponents this time around, but I guess that is something we cannot control. We will have to play against whomever our opponents turn out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment